Hi all, and Happy New Year! I thought I'd summarize what I'm working on for the next few weeks, including the SCOPE workshop. If anyone has any suggestions or other comments, they would be welcome!
-Getting sequences together for a few more of the existing HIV cases, using sequences available at the Bedrock problem space (as a start, anyway; http://www.bioquest.org/bedrock/problem_spaces/hiv/sequence_data.php) and coming up with plausible bioinformatics scenarios for these cases
-Organizing our own problem space for some of the existing cases (HIV, influenza), compiling sequences and other information/resources that students can use to add bioinformatics extensions. How should this material be organized? Some models include the BEDROCK problem spaces and the Biology Student Workbench interactive lessions (http://www.bsw-uiuc.net/moodle/workbench.php).
-For the Puerto Rico conference, working up a Dengue fever example and expanding the malaria example
-Trying out the software that Chi found that generates sequences to fit trees
-Gathering sequences for the Dreamweed case that Eric Ribbens developed at our August conference (phylogenetic analysis to identify a new plant)
Friday, January 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment